While Anglo American plc has endeavoured to ensure that all information provided on Anglo American websites is accurate and up to date, Anglo American takes no responsibility for any error or omission relating to this information. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Anglo American will not be liable for any cost, loss or damage suffered by you through your use of Anglo American's websites or Anglo American's failure to provide access to these websites or information updates.
This privacy statement is provided by Anglo American plc (referred to as "us", "our", or "we" in these terms which expressions shall include, where the context so admits, any other relevant subsidiaries of Anglo American plc or joint venture companies in which Anglo American plc directly or indirectly holds shares) for the information of visitors (referred to as "you" or "your" in these terms) to our website.
Anglo American plc is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy statement explains how we use the information we collect about you and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information. In these terms, "third parties" means persons, firms or companies which are not subsidiary or associated or joint venture companies of Anglo American plc.
- Who we are
Registered Office address:
20 Carlton House Terrace
London SW1Y 5AN
Telephone number: +44 (0) 20 7968 8888
Facsimile number: +44 (0) 20 7968 8500
V.A.T. Registration number:
Data Protection Officer: Andy Hodges
Email address: email@example.com
- Data Protection Act 1998
Anglo American plc has notified the Data Protection Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 that information may be obtained about individuals, and a full list of the companies for which notification has been given is available upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information gathered by us
When you request any of our services we need to know you email address, or if you wish to receive information by post, your name and postal address. We gather this information to allow us to process your request and the relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you in the form that you require. We will not pass your details to any third parties without your permission, but such information may be transferred within the Anglo American Group worldwide to which, by sending the information to us, you consent.
- Information that is automatically logged
When you enter our website, we automatically log your internet protocol ("IP") address to gather broad demographic information and other purposes, such as monitoring visitor frequency. The IP address does not identify you as an individual, but only the computer that is being used to view the website.
- Distribution of data
- Any information that is gathered from visitors to this website is used by us to respond to enquiries, or for any regular mailing lists for which the details have been submitted. The information will not be passed to anyone outside the Anglo American Group for any other purpose.
- If our business or any part of our business is sold or integrated with another business your data and information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and may be passed on to the new owners of the business or relevant part of the business who may use such data and information for the various purposes given in this privacy statement.
- By visiting our website, you consent to the use of your information as set out in this privacy statement. We may change our privacy statement at any time. If we change our privacy statement we will post the changes on this website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. We will also contact you should we make any changes so that you may have the opportunity to object to the changes so far as they relate to your data and information.
- Owing to the global nature of the Anglo American Group, there is a possibility that your information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. By submitting your information to us, you consent to these transfers.
- Telling you what information we hold about you
If you wish to know what information we hold on you please contact us by email at email@example.com or post addressed to the Data Protection Officer at the address set out in paragraph 1
- Removing and correcting information
If you request us to remove your personal information from our database or you wish us to amend or change the information we hold about you on our database, we will remove or amend any such information on your request. Such request should be made by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or letter addressed to the Data Protection Officer at the address set out in Paragraph 1.
- Contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, how we run the website or your dealings with our website, please send an email to us at email@example.com.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction
The terms of this privacy statement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Back to top